Re: Thread-private mappings and graphics (was Re: Per-Processor Data

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 10:45:36 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Raul Miller wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 10:19:56AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > I'm a big fan of X - I dislike non-standard solutions, and when I play
> > games (which isn't that often, admittedly), I _refuse_ to switch out
> > of X. I want to see my "xbiff" at the side, and I want to be able to
> > just pause the thing without having to "switch" to anything else.
>
> Er.. actually..
>
> Games that use voodoo tend to grab the mouse and not let go. So I wound
> up running a separate X server when I ran one of those.

Just let them grab the mouse - you can still see xbiff. Then when you
switch you just press ESC, and you have your mouse back.

At least under Quake III.

Linus