Re: [patch] entry.S fix. [was: Re: scheduling problem?]

William Montgomery (william@opinicus.com)
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 23:54:42 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>
> >could you remove the avg_slice heuristics from reschedule_idle()? [the "if
> >(p->policy == SCHED_OTHER)" part of reschedule_idle().] You are using
>
> He told me he is using an UP compiled kernel (on an UP machine of course)
> so the changes you are proposing can't help.

Correct.
I am new to this list but am happy to find that these problems are
as interesting to you as they are to me. I will be happy to try
any experiments you may suggest over the weekend.

Would it be possible to do a resched in resched_idle since a decision
for need_resched is made there anyway? Would this cause problems?

Wm