new problem: can't see vmdump.h?

Brian Hall (brianw.hall@compaq.com)
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 16:47:12 -0700 (MST)

OK, I've got the following code in __dump_execute:

__dump_execute(struct file *dump_file, char *panic_str,
struct pt_regs *regs, int dump_level, int dump_compress_pages)
{
dump_here:

( some code skipped here)

/* For Alpha, save the Program Counter and Stack Pointer */
dump_header.dh_esp = __asm__("$30"); /* get stack pointer */
dump_header.dh_eip = &&dump_here; /* get Program Counter */

Sound OK?

I removed the cmd directory temporarily from the top level Makefile so I could
do a test build (lots of work todo there!). Had to fix a type in sd.c, but the
compile died completely when it reached arch/alpha/kernel/vmdump.c, apparently
because it couldn't see vmdump.h. Huh? File does exist as requested in
include/linux; adding an include line with the explicit path to it didn't help.
Any idea why this fails to see the include? /usr/src/linux is actually
symlinked to a mounted NFS share that holds the kernel source; doesn't seem
like that would be the problem since the rest of the kernel was building fine.
/usr/include/linux points to ../src/linux/include/linux/.