Re: [patch-2.3.35-pre2] fixed RAMDISK.

Tigran Aivazian (tigran@sco.COM)
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 08:25:40 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for testing it but I suspect it has a problem. I have not verified
whether this is possible but imagine two requests for the same kdev_t dev
occur on two CPUs, then unless we protect access to rd_memory[minor] we
will get very bad things to happen.

I thought io_request_lock was supposed to guard this but I need to check
it when I get a spare minute.

Btw, I assume you got the latest version of it, i.e. the one on my site
AFTER I posted "now it is safe to try it"? The very original version had a
bug. If in doubt, get it again from:

http://www.ocston.org/~tigran/patches/ramdisk-2.3.35-pre2.patch

Thanks again for taking time to look at it,
------
Tigran A. Aivazian | http://www.sco.com
Escalations Research Group | tel: +44-(0)1923-813796
Santa Cruz Operation Ltd | http://www.ocston.org/~tigran