Re: [OFF TOPIC] RedHat and 2.4 release dates.

Homme R. Bitter (homme@vuurwerk.nl)
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 16:40:08 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 25 Dec 1999, Alex Buell wrote:

> I take great exception to arseholes like Colin Tenwick, vice president and
> general manager European operations for Red Hat announcing that release
> 2.4 of Kernel would be formally released at the same time as Windows 2000.

Marry Xmas to you too, how wonderful to share your Xmas spirit with the
rest of the world.
Windows 2000 will probably releasesed bugfree long after linux 2.4 will be
released, so rest ashured.
>From my own personal experience, deploying a new Linux kernel in a
production enviroment can be doen easily within weeks after it's initial
release, worst case a few months, depending on your specific needs.
Deploying a new WINDOW~1 version is unwise for the first half year or so,
even if Linus decided he needed 2 more months after the Redmond spawn has
been released, linux will be running production sooner.

> Who is he to come out with crap like this when it is obvious to everyone
> that only Linus can make the decision in his own good time.

Maybe he has knowledge we all don't have ?
Have you asked him yourself how he gained this wisdom ?

> This did not make my day.

Oh well, if I had to worry about stuff like this I wouldn't be happy ever.

Happy Xmas, merry newyear,

Homme R. Bitter *NIX admin, BOFH, MCSE, parttime divine entity.

REM This is a comment, I realy, really, really love comments.