Re: Eicon Diva 2.0 pci installation

Paul Slootman (paul@wau.mis.ah.nl)
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 10:33:06 +0100

In article <AD-OwPuO6E@khim.sch57.msk.ru> you write:
>In <Pine.LNX.4.10.9912271818040.30631-100000@rnd.cts-corp.com>
>prakash@rnd.cts-corp.com (prakash@rnd.cts-corp.com) wrote:
>
>> I am trying to install Eicon Diva 2.0 pci card on my linux box running
>> Red Hat 6.1, kernel 2.2.20.
>
>What's kernel 2.2.20 anyway ? Even 2.2.14 is out yet ! You are coming from
>future ?
>
>> The problem is that when a
>> modprobe hisax type=11 protocol=2 is done
>> I get a error message Diva: No PCI bus found.
>> This error message is printed out in diva.c.
>> But since CONFIG_PCI is defined i don't think this should be printed out
>
>> Can anybody help me out.
>
>Ask maintainers of diva.c :-/ Look like they (as well as other ISDN folks) are
>ignoring linux-kernel :-/

That's bullshit. Prakash has had an answer from Karsten Keil, where
Karsten also commented that kernel 2.2.14 didn't exist yet. So now
Prakash suddenly has jumped to kernel 2.2.20. Also Karsten told him
that the PRO version of the Diva is not supported, yet he continues
to complain that it doesn't work, giving wrong information (e.g.
about his kernel version). Such responses are good at suppressing the
urge to answer messages.

Also don't forget that most of the western world are having holidays at
this time.

Paul Slootman

--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/