Re: [linux-fbdev] fb question

Geert Uytterhoeven (geert@linux-m68k.org)
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 13:51:44 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Sam Gendler wrote:
> > I have to use framebuffer support to get X to work on my Laptop (ATI Rage mobility
> > P video card) which is capable of resolutions higher than 1280x1024. However, the
> > framebuffer docs that I found in my kernel source distribution only provide
> > configuration options up to 1280x1024. Is it possible to get framebuffer support
> > to use 1600x1200?
>
> Have you tried fbset? Most cards support that, but sometimes >1280 width
> requires special handling. S3 cards need special handling at any
> rate...

ATI Mach64 cards don't have those problems. But I don't think we have support
for the RAGE Mobility P yet.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} -- geert@linux-m68k.org

In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that. -- Linus Torvalds