Re: wait_on_irq, CPU1

Manfred Spraul (manfreds@colorfullife.com)
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 20:30:35 +0100

From: "Andrea Arcangeli" <andrea@suse.de>

> The best thing to do in such case is to press SYSRQ+P and to grab lots of
> different EIP addresses. If SYSRQ+P does nothing then it's an hard lockup
> and in such case the NMI oopser will help you.

The second CPU is in a bottom half handler, ie most likely the local
interrupts are enabled. I though about a tiny patch which calls
smp_call_function() in wait_on_irq(): the IPI would call a stripped down
version of show_registers().

This has zero impact on the server, it only changes the behaviour _if_ the
server hangs.

What do you think?

Manfred