Re: Announce: DinX windowing system 0.2.0

david parsons (orc@pell.portland.or.us)
28 Dec 1999 17:46:24 -0800

In article <linux.kernel.Pine.LNX.4.10.9912280322120.2944-100000@asdf.capslock.lan>,
Mike A. Harris <mharris@meteng.on.ca> wrote:
>On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Rick Hohensee wrote:
>
>> The GPL requires that derived works of GPL'ed works be GPL'ed.
>>

>>The authors of GPLed works may make exceptions. I urge the authors of Linux
>>to refuse and discourage requests for such exceptions, and to speak plainly
>>about unauthorized violations.
>
>Please post the relevant lines from the GNU GPL document that say
>that an author may make exceptions.

The GPL has nothing to do with it. The GPL doesn't hold the
copyright, the author does, and they may make special arrangements
with anyone they wish to.

____
david parsons \bi/ Yes, this is offtopic.
\/