Re: hda lost interrupt!

David Ford (david+nospam@killerlabs.com)
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 11:43:43 -0800 (PST)

Blanket nuking is the only way I can boot my laptop. If DMA is enabled in
the kernel, when it boots, it hangs with the lost interrupt message at the
point where it does the partition checking.

It used to do that when I resumed from an APM suspend state. Then the
motherboard overheated from being left turned on and left on the carpet (APM
disabled) and went to depot. After receiving it with a new motherboard, all
my attempts to use DMA on it w/ a current kernel result in lost
interrupt/hang.

The HD itself is a Fujitsu and certainly does DMA ok, it worked on the
previous motherboard so long as APM standby was disabled.

If you'd like the information posted again about the system, I'll be glad to
send you a mail.

-d

--
Open for Y2K - Linux, we never shutdown