RE: Sendmail virtual users

From: Eduardo Röhr (hanus@gmx.net)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 07:06:18 EST

I've had the same you are mentioning. People with NTMail, who wanted out of
NT...

They wanted stable solution, highly configurable.

I found that Q Mail and sendmail, both have a lot of solutions for Virtual
domain Mail. (I didn't search info for the others MTAs)

I finally got a Red Hat 6.1 with sendmail. What did I make??

Red Hat (With the linuxconf tool) installs a new Mail delivery Agent called
Vdeliver and a new Pop Server caller Vpop3d. So, they look for information
in:

/etc/passwd
/etc/shadow
/etc/aliases
/etc/vmail/aliases.your.domain.com
/etc/vmail/passwd.your.domain.com
/etc/vmail/shadow.your.domain.com
/etc/vmail/aliases.your.domain1.com
/etc/vmail/shadow.your.domain1.com
/etc/vmail/passwd.your.domain.com

and so on....

You need one Ip for each Domain and the whole works fine with 5 Domains and
a lillte more than 1000 users.

Yeap, linuxconf is a nice tool you can control relay, spamming, become mail
for another server,but (there's always a but), you need to modify some
settings from the /etc/sendmail.cf for your own and for sure modify the
sources of vdeliver and vpop3d and compile again.

I hope you can understand my movie-learned english :)

E!