AW: Sendmail virtual users

From: Grischa Schuering (schuering@inity.de)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 14:37:58 EST

Thanks for your answer. But if I undestood the infos given here right,
sendmail only offers you virtual email aliases but not different virtual
domain mail servers with same user accounts for each domain.

You have to create accounts like
info-domain1 -> info@domain1.com
info-domain2 -> info@domain2.com

The application on Windows NT I know can handle virtual domain email servers
like this:

info -> info@domain1.com, on virtual mail server mail.domain1.com
info -> info@domain2.com, on virtual mail server mail.domain2.com

both users are on the same machine but on different ip's.

actually i need a way to set up virtual user accounts just for mail, that
don't need a login on the machine they are running. and since the unix
automatically adds a email accont for every user that is entered into the
system, it might be a hard thing to accomplish.

maybe some knows a solution,

regards,

g.