RE: Sendmail virtual users

From: Eduardo Röhr (hanus@gmx.net)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 16:29:36 EST

Sorry for the reply to my own message, but I've made some mistakes...

> I've had the same you are mentioning. People with NTMail, who wanted out
of
> NT...
>
> They wanted stable solution, highly configurable.
>
> I found that Q Mail and sendmail, both have a lot of solutions for Virtual
> domain Mail. (I didn't search info for the others MTAs)
>
> I finally got a Red Hat 6.1 with sendmail. What did I make??
>
> Red Hat (With the linuxconf tool) installs a new Mail delivery Agent
called
> Vdeliver and a new Pop Server caller Vpop3d. So, they look for information
> in:
>
> /etc/passwd
> /etc/shadow
> /etc/aliases
> /etc/vmail/aliases.your.domain.com
> /etc/vmail/passwd.your.domain.com
> /etc/vmail/shadow.your.domain.com
> /etc/vmail/aliases.your.domain1.com
> /etc/vmail/shadow.your.domain1.com
> /etc/vmail/passwd.your.domain.com

of course the last line above is
 /etc/vmail/passwd.your.domain1.com

> and so on....
>

> You need one Ip for each Domain and the whole works fine with 5 Domains
and
> a lillte more than 1000 users.

This is the amount of Domains and users I have in my system...not the total
allowed in sendmail...
So, in my system I have 5 users info...one for each domain...and they login
in the pop-server, as info...but each have another ip to login. I have 5
postmaster, 5 root , five sales...and so on. I use Ip-Aliases and a properly
configured DNS.

> Yeap, linuxconf is a nice tool you can control relay, spamming, become
mail
> for another server,but (there's always a but), you need to modify some
> settings from the /etc/sendmail.cf for your own and for sure modify the
> sources of vdeliver and vpop3d and compile again.
>
> I hope you can understand my movie-learned english :)
>
> E!

And of course, I have