Log errors of network

From: lnet@col7.metta.lk
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 13:13:32 EST

Hi all

I am trying to setup a small lan with 8 machines
connected to my Redhat 6.0

How/Where do I see Lan activities and errors
my /var/log/messages does not give me any errors

Your help is much appreciated
Jacob

--
 A saying of the Buddha from http://metta.lk/
They for whom there is no accumulation, (of kammic activities or the four necessities of life) who reflect well over their food, who has Deliverance, which is Void and Signless, as their object - their course like that of birds in the air cannot be traced.