Re: AW: Sendmail virtual users

From: Agim Cami (acami@san1.san.com.al)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 04:32:26 EST

Hello Grisha,

I think that you can do virtual hosting, as per your requests, on sendmail
too.
So, you have to:

1. Setup correctly the DNS for a new domain putting a MX record into the
zone file as bellow. For more details refer to
http://www.sendmail.org/virtual-hosting.html

newdomain.com. IN MX 10 yourmailserver.yourdomain.com.

2. Create a sendmail configuration file, for example vh.mc, on
/usr/src/sendmail/cf/cf directory enabling these features:

        FEATURE(use_cw_file)dnl
        FEATURE(relay_hosts_only)dnl
        FEATURE(`virusertable', `hash /etc/virtusers')dnl

4. Create the sendmail.cf file :

        m4 vh.mc > /etc/sendmail.mc

3. Create the /etc/virtusers file, putting on it :

        @newdomain.com user@yourdomain.com

        when user is a normal user on your mail server

4. Do :

        makemap hash /etc/virtusers < virtusers

5. Create the /etc/sendmail.cw file, which must have:

        yourdomain.com
        newdomain.com

6. On the /etc/mail/relay-domains file, put enter square brackets ip
addresses of your host (including dynamically assigned ip addresses for
dial-up connections)

7. Restart sendmail and dns

That's all.

Please tell me if this resolve your problem.

Good luck,

Agim