RE: sendmail SPAM

From: Eduardo Röhr (hanus@gmx.net)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 06:08:31 EST

Look for POPAUTH, or better known as Pop before SMTP.

What does this mean?? You have a list of IP-addresses, which allow
relaying
with your Mailserver.

How is this Ip-list managed/created?

There is for example a daemon looking in /var/log/maillog for an entry of
the popserver like this:

........... ipop3d[pid]: Host=167.5.90.89 User=user

It takes this entry and adds it to the IP List for the amount of time you
have set. Then, can this Ip use your mailserver for this amount of time
for
relaying.

So, all your user, have to understand, they MUST authenticate with POP
before they use SMTP.

And so, you know that every user that use SMTP, is validated through your
POP server.

e!

Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net