RE: sendmail SPAM

From: Kendall Lister (kendall@charon.net.au)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 16:16:45 EST

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Grischa Schuering wrote:

> We installed sendmail-8.9.3-42.
>
> The actual problem is, that not a fake domain account is used, but a
> account that exists on all unix servers: root@www.mydomain.com.

I meant that the domain being supplied by the sender is fake in that the
connection is not actually coming from that domain. The domain itself may
very well exist, but does not map to the IP address of the initiator of
the SMTP connection to your Sendmail.

> Since I don't want to block all email adresses that are not known,
> what can I do ?

I don't completely understand what you mean by this. If you follow the
advice that has been written on this list, you will end up with a
reconfigured Sendmail that will accept all mail but not relay any that you
don't want it to.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781