Re: PostgreSQL

From: Pawel S. Veselov (vps@phoenix.math.spbu.ru)
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 03:56:58 EST

                    Hello, Trenton!

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Trenton D. Adams wrote:

>I wan to get a PostgreSQL server up and going. How do I go about doing
>this? I have never done any SQL stuff before. I am just starting an
>introduction to Oracle, and I want to run the PostgreSQL server on my Linux
>system so I can practice at home.

http://www.postgresql.org/, download, read INSTALL file and follow the
instructions.

>I have a Windows 98 machine connect through the network to my Linux box. I
>want to be able to access SQL from my windows machine if possible.

Use ODBC for that. The ODBC driver could be found on postgres ftp
mirrors in odbc/latest/ directory.

Bye.

--
I sat down beside her, said hello, offered to buy her a drink...
and then natural selection reared its ugly head.

-- With best of best regards, Pawel S. Veselov (aka Black Angel) Web page : http://i.am/BlackAngel | ICQ UIN : 5252265 Internet e-mail : blackangel@i.am