Re: How to disable the use of forbidden mark in /usr/tmp/.pop directory.

From: Kendall Lister (kendall@charon.net.au)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 07:22:02 EST

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Xu Li Hua wrote:

> I have trouble in using Sendmail in Slackware Linux.
> My username often appreared in the /usr/tmp/.pop directory.
> Then I can't get my mail.
> Why it happens? How can I disable this function?

This has nothing to do with Sendmail, which is not involved in the process
of 'getting your mail' - this files are lock files managed by your POP3
server. If you disconnect in the middle of a POP3 session your server
might fail to clean up after itself - this occasionally happens here using
Qpopper, but not very often. If it is happening very frequently you should
probably look at your POP3 server and client programs, and perhaps
consider alternatives.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781