Re: Senmail and Remote queueing

From: Kendall Lister (kendall@charon.net.au)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 19:52:37 EST

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Bruce McAlister wrote:

> How do I get sendmail 8.9.0 to queue remote mails. I am using a dialup
> connection and what is happening is, is as soon as someone sends a
> remote mail (outside my local domain) sendmail brings up the modem
> line and imediatly sends the message(s). How do I get sendmail to
> automatically queue the remote messages in the queue and then when i
> bring up the modem line, flush the queue.

You could try using DeliveryMode=d to defer all network activity, and then
add 'sendmail -q' to your ppp_up script to flush out the queued messages.
I should warn you that I don't know whether this will work as expected,
but it's what I would try first.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781