Re: socket and TCP

From: Alex Belits (abelits@phobos.illtel.denver.co.us)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 01:26:27 EST

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, rajput g v be comp 56 wrote:

> hi,
> can i implement TCP connection with the help of the socket connection
> or do i have to refer the header files of TCP(which are present in the
> directory /usr/include) to duplicate TCP connection of my own ?.

  If you are a masochist, you certainly can reimplement the whole TCP
layer in your program. Otherwise read R. Stevens "Unix Network
Programming" and use BSD-ish sockets, implemented in kernel.

--
Alex

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Excellent.. now give users the option to cut your hair you hippie! -- Anonymous Coward