Re: 2.2.14 and slow TCP/IP

From: Pontus Lidman (pontus@lysator.liu.se)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 08:05:42 EST

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Berend De Schouwer wrote:

> I've seen similar questions in the list, and searched for them, but no
> immediate answers arose from following the threads, so I am trying this
> again. These questions were for a variety of kernels.

Is your new kernel compiled with gcc 2.7.2 or 2.95 ? I remember having
some troubles with TCP/IP networking with the 2.2 series kernel when I
compiled with gcc 2.95. Switching to gcc 2.7.2.3 (which I believe is the
recommended version) solved my problems.

--
Pontus Lidman, pontus@mathcore.com, Software Engineer
No matter how cynical you get, it's impossible to keep up.