Re: 2.2.14 and slow TCP/IP

From: Berend De Schouwer (bds@jhb.ucs.co.za)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 10:56:22 EST

On 24 Jan, Alan Cox wrote:
>> Packets appear slowly in tcpdump. It seems like its getting the data
>> in chunks, with 0.5seconds between each packet - but sending data seems
>> fine.
>
> That sounds like an interrupt is being lost. Thats why I wondered about the
> noapic option. Curious indeed.

How do I confirm that noapic was accepted and disabled the apic in the
kernel? I've been known to make typos.

Just some updates:
- Tried moving to a different IRQ - same trouble
- Tried disabling bus-master - broke
- Tried increasing max_interrupt_work - didn't help.

How can I find out where the interrupts are lost? I'm thinking of time
spent between irq disable/enable, etc.

Further info on the machine/motherboard:
Acer Altos 7000V, running 2 133MHz Pentiums.
PCI and EISA, DPT and Adaptec
Trying to find chipset details, but its sketchy.

Kind regards,
Berend