Fault Tolerance Software

From: Jim Roland (jim@roland.net)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 19:23:12 EST

I was just looking on the Beowulf pages at NASA and I'm not sure Beowulf
does what I need it to do. I need software that will allow me to run 2
servers, one as a hot standby (with it's own storage), so if box #1
fails, #2 takes over seamlessly including the IP address and services
like mail and DNS. The storage needs to be mirrored between the two
boxes (user directories, etc).

With what software can this be done (free)?