SNDBUF/RCVBUF

From: dakia@cygsoft.com
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 05:40:30 EST

Note -> I am using 2.2.12
I was playing around with SO_SNDBUF/SO_RCVBUF when I noticed that whatever
value I want to set it to, it is set to the double of that. Looking at the
source (net/core/sock.c:sock_setsockopt()), I saw that it is simply being
multiplied by 2. There was no comment over there to explain that. Could
somebody please explain why it's being multiplied by 2? What's the significance
of SNDBUF/RCVBUF at the user kernel level and how is it different from the what
it is at the user level?

Thanks

Manas Garg