Firewall problem

From: Fredrik Bergström (fred@powerwebs.nu)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 13:09:20 EST

Dear linux-netters,

Today I put up a firewall at work, and it works.

But i have some problems, its very slow sometimes, and our ISP have a
transparent cache machine running squid, and that should not be any
problem, but very often it gives "Connection Lifetime Expired" error
messages when surfing.

Also the mails sent to the mail server will about 2 times of 3 not be
sent.

Is there any thing I can optimize on the linux firewall?

Also I cannot find any documentation about what to set, and not set in
the /proc/sys/net/ipv4 dirs ?

Regards, Fredrik Bergstrom