Re: Samba

From: Kendall Lister (kendall@charon.net.au)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 07:22:47 EST

On Sat, 29 Jan 100 sj2@myflat.com wrote:

> I have been trying to configure samba but with little success, so
> could somebody, for starters, send me a sample smb.conf for sharing my
> linux drive with Win9x machines on the network without any
> authentication. If you can, please comment advanced options with brief
> explanations.

I find the guide DIAGNOSIS.TXT that comes with Samba to be an extremely
useful resource when setting up servers. Follow the steps in it to find
out where your set up is failing - it covers everything that I've ever run
into. Also, look at the sample configuration files included with the Samba
package - they're there for a reason.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781