Samba and IP aliasing?

From: Voitenko, Denis (dvoitenko@qode.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 14:40:45 EST

I have the following dilemma. I got a big Linux box that has one gigabit
NIC. Right now it has a world visible IP but I'd also like people from my
masqueraded (192.168.x.x) LAN to have access to files on the box via Samba.
Since it's a totally different network Samba doesn't do so well with the
current settings. Would it be a good idea to alias a another IP, say
192.168.1.10 to that NIC so that machines on the LAN would see Samba? Or
should I stick in another NIC just for those purposes?

Denis Voitenko