Re: Samba

From: Victor Kureletz (vikcious@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 07:33:28 EST

--- sj2@myflat.com wrote:
> I have been trying to configure samba but with
> little success, so could
> somebody, for starters, send me a sample smb.conf
> for sharing my linux drive
> with Win9x machines on the network without any
> authentication. If you can,
> please comment advanced options with brief
> explanations.
>
> My config. RH 5.2 with kernel 2.2.12.
>
> Many thanks!!
>
> Siddhartha

I think it would be a good ideea to try to enable
(uncomment) (hope it works in RH 5.2 too...) in
/etc/inetd.conf the last line that looks like
"swat stream tcp nowait.400 root
/usr/sbin/swat swat"

...then do a /etc/rc.d/init.d/inet restart
...then start Netscape or any graphical brwser on your
Linux box and link to "localhost:901" and you'll see
something very nice and useful...full of help...too!!!

Good luck...and let me know if ti worked.

Vikcious

=====
"I'm gonna die! No. You're not! I can't say anything without having you contradict me..."