Re: Apache, php and Perl under Red Hat Linux 6.1

From: Janne Pänkälä (epankala@cc.hut.fi)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 17:18:39 EST

> I wonder if anyone who has got this working would be kind enough to send
> me the files in their /etc/httpd/conf directory, so that I can compare
> them with mine?
I have set up mod_perl with apache but haven't really looked into php.

I have
        apache-1.3.9-4
        mod_perl-1.21-2
        (and related mysql stuff)

these work quite nicely.

> I have also uncommented the relevant lines in httpd.conf and srm.conf
> which ought to make these work, but am still having trouble.
what is printed in /var/log/httpd/{access,error}_log ?

also might be helpful to enable server-status and server-info in
access.conf.

I have in srm.conf

--
AddHandler perl-script .pl
Alias /perl/ /home/httpd/perl/

and in httpd.conf -- LoadModule perl_module modules/libperl.so . AddModule mod_perl.c --

After these modifications it started up quite kindly and allowed for me to execute .pl scripts in /home/httpd/perl directory.

-- Janne