Re: TCP analysis

From: Sandeep Agarwal (sandeep@engr.orst.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 22:08:02 EST

Hi I want to do some error analysis on a long tcp session - around half an
hour - the problem is that I can't use tcpdump and redirect the output to
a file since the file becomes too large and does not fit on my hardisk..so
I use tcpdump -w- | tcptrace stdin
this works but only for around 100 packets or so - if the number of
packets is more than 100 it justs hangs and does not work...
Can you let me know of any other tool which can help me in getting the
number of retransmissions in a long tcp session..or if there is any option
in tcpdump filters that I canh try to get the number of retransmissions in
the session..
thanks...

Sandeep Agarwal
Electrical & Computer Engineering DearBorn Hall 208
Corvallis, OR, Phone: 541 737 2349
Fax: 541 737 1300 Mail:sandeep@engr.orst.edu
                http://www.ece.orst.edu/~sandeep