Re: Regd window size

From: Senthilkumar Rajasekharan (senthil@caip.rutgers.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 03:56:10 EST

Hi S.Malla,

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, S. Malla wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Our organization uses VSAT connectivity for Internet Access and we are
> advised to increase window sizing on our Linux (RedHat 6.1) servers to get
> better result. What is the maximum possible size of window and how can I
> increase it? Thanks for your time.

Please see http://www.psc.edu/networking/perf_tune.html#Linux for the
procedures of setting the network limits.

Also mark's page contains some interesting study on TCP over satellite
channels which you may want to look at before proceeding....
http://ctd.grc.nasa.gov/5610/tcpextensions.html

Regards,
-Senthil