video conferencing across platforms

From: Harondel J. Sibble (help@pdscc.com)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 14:55:55 EST

Anyone can point me to linux videoconferencing resources? I am looking for
stuff that works point to point, allows vc'ing with people on other platforms
(h323 and all those kind of standards). Any solution should work with bttv
based capture cards at the bare minimum.

I've been searching for a bit now and all I've found falls under a few
categories

1)expensive (up to us$1200)
2)requires mbone
3)requires either a quickcam or specialized vc hardware

Any ideas?

Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting
help@pdscc.com (pgp enabled) http://www.pdscc.com
(604) 739-3709 (voice/fax) (604) 686-2253 (pager)