Re: ipchains

From: Bruce (bruce@toorak.com)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 03:25:43 EST

On the contrary...
Masquerading explicitly requires physical interfaces to function.

You MUST be very careful. RTFM :-)) (Sorry)

# less /etc/doc/howto/en/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO.gz Section 7:23 in SuSE 6.4
Starts at about line 4620!!!

Masquerading DOESN'T work using aliased interfaces.
It uses explicity devices -
eg eth0.

There may be an error in your software!

Regards,