RE: Looking for real DEC chipset for Tulip driver

From: Roisman, Dani (DRoisman@station.sony.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 14:13:28 EST

Just a follow up for all. I can't endorse any product, and I'm not saying
to buy the ones I've used over others, just these are the ones I've found
with your help:

Kingston KNE100TX - an 1 port PCI 10/100 with FDX LED indicator.
D-Link DFE-570TX - a 4 port PCI 10/100 with FDX LED indicator.

These both initialized as real tulips, and the chips on them are labeled
with "21143," and so far they look very good, but YMMV. I'm going to begin
doing some heavy-duty testing with the DFE-570TX, I need to build a 2 or 3
port firewall that will handle 60,000 pps at around 60Mbit/s (input +
output).

One thing I found quite interesting is that instead of being labeled
"digital" they now have the Intel "i" on them... I guess this went to Intel
when Compaq bought Digital? I have no idea, but am eager to learn more
about it - I hope Intel doesn't do away with this chipset.

----
Dani Roisman
droisman@station.sony.com
(310) 840-8753