Re: DNS reverse delegation

From: Imran Ali Rashid (u970042@giki.edu.pk)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 02:48:35 EST

IF you use bind 8

zone "54.168.192.in-addr.arpa"{
        type slave;
        file "sec/hostel5.4.rev";
        masters{
                192.168.53.200;
        };

This is an example entry for reverse DNS to be added in named.conf for the network 192.168.54.0

zone "hostel1.giki.edu.pk"{
        type master;
        file "hostel1";
        notify yes;
};

Another example for the same file for forward resolution

Imran Ali Rashid,
Faculty of Computer Sciences and Engineering
ICQ:1087031, email: u970042@giki.edu.pk
Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology,
Pakistan.