Linux/NT network access

From: Condon Thomas A KPWA (tcondon@kpt.nuwc.navy.mil)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 11:57:06 EST

Folks,

I've come across a problem that I hope someone out there can answer. How do
I run a command (Java process) on an NT Server *from* a Linux Server? I
need to be able to execute the Java process without touching the NT server,
across the network. Can anyone help me?

The NT Servers are running NT 4.0 w/SP5. Both Perl and JDK 2 have been
installed.

The Linux system is running Red Hat 6.0 (kernel 2.2.12), with Samba.

The systems are ethernetted, there are shared disks going both ways, and the
Linux user has a login ID and password on the NT systems.

I know this isn't truly a Linux problem, but just try and get M$ folks to
answer this problem.

   In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

   Tom :-})