Re: eepro100 troubles

From: Scott R. Every (scott@emji.net)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 23:32:01 EST

--On Thursday, June 8, 2000 12:08 AM -0400 Brian <hiryuu@ztnet.com> wrote:

> (A little out of order)
>> When it restarts i get a bunch of these:
>> eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!
>
> How does it restart? Does it just black out for a few minutes and come
> back, or do you have to ifdown or rmmod it?

the machine is at a remote office so, i'm not sure. I have no access to it
quickly so we have been remotely cutting the power...obviously, this is
bad, but the machine needs to keep serving web pages!

>> The problem is my machine keeps dying after a day or so of fairly heavy
>> net traffic. using 2.2.15. It was rock solid until i put network load
>> on it.
>
> How much is "heavy"? I'm guessing the low 20Mbit range.

if that. heavy as in hundreds of cgi and page requests/sec.

> Anyway, I'm on revision 1.20.2.5 (2000/03/28) right now. It's the only
> version of this driver that has been stable for me under high load.
>
> -- Brian

where do i get that version?

Scott R. Every - mailto:scott@emji.net
EMJ Internet - http://www.emji.net
voice : 1-888-258-8959  fax : 1-919-363-4425