inerfacing with serial driver

From: Sharad Joshi (sharad.joshi@wipro.com)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 04:35:19 EST

Hello folks,

Can anyone please tell me how do i send chatacters over a serial line (say
ttyS0). I want to make use of the serial driver (serial.c) functions. But
the problem is, most of the functions are static. How do i interact with
the driver. (uh.. the driver is built with the kernel). Never done any
serious kernel hacking, but i think i'll need to generate some kind of
software interrupt, isn't it?

Any guiding link or pointer would be very helpful.

Using slack 7, 2.2.13k here.

TIA,
Sharad.