Re: VM tuning

From: Andrew Morton (andrewm@uow.edu.au)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 21:46:01 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:

> Increasing /proc/sys/vm/freepages. That'll keep more memory for interrupts.

Andrey tells me he uses this file to create artificial out-of-memory
conditions when testing drivers.

I've poked various numbers in there but I can't seem to force an OOM
condition in the driver. Having read the description in
Documentation/sysctl/vm.txt it appears that I need to run another app
which will exhaust vm...

So. Could someone please tell me what to do to force an alloc_skb OOM
condition within a network device driver?

Ta.