Re: eepro100 troubles

From: Scott R. Every (scott@emji.net)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 23:07:28 EST

Well, the reason I think its a network problem, is that this machine has
never had any trouble running heavy load w/o heavy network traffic. as
soon as the traffic starts up, the network goes away.

there are NO messages of any sort in ANY log. If anyone has suggestions
for how to better log this, i'd love to hear them. at this point i have a
production machine that crashes daily. even NT works better than that...

--On Saturday, June 10, 2000 5:54 PM +0800 Andrey Savochkin
<saw@saw.sw.com.sg> wrote:

> Hello Scott,
>
> On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 05:46:47PM -0400, Scott R. Every wrote:
>> just an FYI.
>>
>> machine died again today. heavy network load. sending out 2 large mail
>> lists, with lots of web traffic and a few quake servers running. this
>> is using the 1.20.2.10, which is the latest AFAIK. No messages like
>> the ones Adrey sent below appeared in the logs. Did I mention this is
>> an SMP server? Would that make a difference?
>
> I've just noted the word "died".
> Do you mean that the whole system hanged, not just network communications?
> If the whole system hanged, I would start to look in other directions too,
> not just the driver. Driver problems usually lead to some trouble reports
> and network hang, but the whole system survives.
>
> Best regards
> Andrey V.
> Savochkin

Scott R. Every - mailto:scott@emji.net
EMJ Internet - http://www.emji.net
voice : 1-888-258-8959  fax : 1-919-363-4425