Re: eepro100 troubles

From: Brian (hiryuu@ztnet.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 00:17:10 EST

Not to answer his questions for him, but his posts on June 8th (I asked a
similar question) suggest this is a remote system with one NIC. Without some
other access method, there's no way to tell the difference between a NIC and
system hang.

Compounding the problem, probably some or all of the syslog file gets lost
when the power is cycled. It's very frustrating to find the current boot log
as the first item in syslog.

So Scott... if possible, get a second, non-intel card in that server and
setup a static route between the server and some other box using that second
card. If only the NIC hangs, you can come in that static route to ifup/ifdn
the card and check out the logs.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try 1.20.2.10.
On my system, it took the older drivers 1.5 days to hang, so I'll let you
know Tuesday.

        -- Brian