atalkd errors starting up

From: Raymond Blum (raymond@askit.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 09:21:42 EST

Hi
 I installed the latest netatalk on a redhat 6.2 x86 from the rpm. The
rpm install didn't complain but when I try to start up the AppleTalk
services, I get the following errors in /var/log/messages:

>Jun 11 22:52:55 violet atalkd: socket: Invalid argument
>Jun 11 22:52:57 violet atalkd: socket: Invalid argument
>Jun 11 22:52:57 violet atalkd: atalkd: can't get interfaces, exiting.
>Jun 11 22:52:57 violet atalk: atalkd startup failed

My first thought was that the /etc/services file didn't have the right
entries; but when I check it, the following definitions appear at the
end of the file:

>rtmp 1/ddp # Routing Table Maintenance Protocol
>nbp 2/ddp # Name Binding Protocol
>echo 4/ddp # AppleTalk Echo Protocol
>zip 6/ddp # Zone Information Protocol
>afpovertcp 548/tcp # AFP over TCP