strange dsl messages

From: Max Gribov (mgribov@kplab.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 21:01:27 EST

this are from my syslog.. what are they? after i get those, my dsl connection
drops. can anyone help?

this are two separate messages.

Jun 11 12:33:56 mordor pppoe[18168]: Timeout waiting for PADO packets
what are PADO packets? and why did i recieve this timeout?

first one i recieved after my machine was flooded by some idiot.
Jun 12 13:24:12 mordor pppoe[61]: Session terminated -- received PADT from access concentrator
what are PADT's and what is a concentrator?

max