News About NIS? yppasswdd problem

From: Marc Casaldaliga (casaldaliga@ifae.es)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 09:18:59 EST

Hi there,
Iīve been looking for a newsgroup about NIS but I havenīt
found one. In fact, maybe this is a good place to post, isnīt it?

Anyway, maybe any of you can help me, is about the latest release of
ypserv, 1.3.11. The nis server itself works fine for me, but thereīs
something wrong with the rpc.yppasswdd. When I run the client yppasswd
itīs says the server itīs not running, which is not true: Iīve started
it mayself and checked itīs alive with rpcinfo -p.
It used to work in a earlier version 1.3.6.
May be you can guess whatīs going on, or came across with the same
problem.

Thanks a lot,
    Marc