Updated "natsemi.c" for the DP83815 (Netgear FA-311)

From: Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 17:08:27 EST

There was a discussion last week on the linux-kernel list about the
National Semiconductor DP83815 chip, as used on the new Netgear FA-311.

I found a FA-311 at a local store yesterday, and updated the "natsemi.c"
driver to work with it:

The diagnostic and setup program is, as usual, at

I had written the "natsemi.c" in May '99, based on preliminary documentation
and pre-production chips. Reportedly, Natsemi was just about to put it into
production back them. I see that they are now up to the '-C' version, and
this is the first common implementation. I guess things didn't go according
to plan;->.

Other updated PCI drivers of current interest are
      Various new PCI and CardBus IDs.
      For the Adaptec boards, recently updated and moved to "released" status.
      This driver has been out since August '99, but recently D-Link started
      shipping the DFE-550 which uses the Sundance chip.
      v0.92 or later is required for the ADMtek chips used on the new
      Linksys v4.1 and NC100/NC200 adapters.
      This has been updated for the new Rhine chip, which can now transmit
      from unaligned regions, avoiding the need for alignment copies.
      Common on low-end boards, but not in 2.2.16.
      Various new PCI and CardBus IDs.

These are only the recent updates to support new boards. The other PCI
network drivers have also had significant updates.

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Scyld Computing Corporation http://www.scyld.com
410 Severn Ave. Suite 210 Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403