Re: Problems with NFS server

From: 'Masu' Asgharifard (masu@procache.com)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 21:44:12 EST

Hi,

Did you install your kernel in lilo.conf file? you have to run
make clean dep bzlilo modules modules_install
FYI: make bzImage just builds the kernel, doesn't install it in the correct
place (/vmlinuz). Also, make sure that you have one entry at lilo.conf like
image=/vmlinuz (with all other necessary options after it) to boot your newly
compiled kernel.

Good luck,

Masoud.

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Mariano Korman wrote:

> Hello, everyone!
>
> First of all, I know that this may not be the right list to post this
> message to. Just in case, let me apologise beforehand :) If there is
> another, more adequate, list where to send this, please tell me.
>
> My problem is that I have problems running nfsd. When I execute the Sys
> V "nfs start" script, I get the following error:
>
> "nfssvc: Function not implemented"
>
> I think this has something to do with kernel compilation.
>
> I use a RedHat 6.1 distro, and I've upgraded to 2.2.14 kernel, with
> diffserv patch.
>
> I have run "make menuconfig" and I have activated the "NFS server"
> option as a module. I've made dep, bzImage, modules and modules_install,
> and have run lilo.
>
> I tried to manually load the nfsd.o module (using modprobe), and I get
> the following error:
>
> "/lib/modules/2.2.14/fs/nfsd.o: unresolved symbol do_nfsservctl"
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> regards,
>
> Mariano Korman

Regards,