RE: Default interface

From: Sarada Seshadri (sarada@ece.iisc.ernet.in)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 04:23:23 EST

> No. I know Sarada wrote system call. But from the question one could see
> that what was actually being asked was how to find out on which interface
> the default route is. Probably the questioner did not know which ip is
> assigned ti which interface. In which case also ifconfig could do the
> trick.

Well, I used `ioctl' with `SIOCGIFCONF' request to get a list of all
available interfaces and their ip addrs. But I couldnt find any specific
means of finding out which of the interfaces were to take the packets
by default.

I've finally got the info by reading /proc/net/route.
Thanks for all the help.
-Sarada