RE: Program to monitor line quality?

From: Serge Maandag (serge.maandag@staff.zeelandnet.nl)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 07:11:04 EST

If you're a bit into perl, you could periodically do a ping -c <count>
to your default gateway,
grep the last line from the ping output, like:

5 packets transmitted, 1 packets received, +5 errors, 80% packet loss

Use a regexp to extract the 80% from the line and output it to a graph
with mrtg and/or call a mail client or sms client to notify you if the
packet loss exceeds a treshold.

Shouldn't be too difficult :)

Serge Maandag.