Re: Program to monitor line quality?

From: Dietmar Goldbeck (dietmar.goldbeck@acm.org)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 13:27:04 EST

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 06:28:28PM +0100, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> is there a program/package to monitor the "line quality" (read "availability"
> with respect to packet roundtrip times to a Point-to-Point peer or some other
> topologically short-ranged host)?

You can use fping for that. 2 perl scripts for testing are
included in mon
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/admin/mon/html/

I have a script, for use with cricket that measures
min, max, avg round trip time and packet loss. I append it here.
Should be easy to add some alarm when some parameter is out of an
acceptable range.

  Ciao
    Dietmar

--